"Album list" view in Bookpedia

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
perarneflo
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

"Album list" view in Bookpedia

Post by perarneflo »

Bookpedia has today 3 modes for viewing: List, Grid and Cover Flow. I would like to have one more.

I would like something similar to Album List in iTunes where you always see the cover of the album in a list view.

I always use List view to navigate through my collections in Bookpedia. It would be nice to have an option like this: "View->Columns->Book cover". When checked the cover would be visible in its own column. The size of the cover should be decided by the width of the column. The height of the list will of course also be adjusted.

(Or you can make it like in iTunes where you right click and choose Small, Medium or Large Artwork and "Always Show Artwork". But I think the first solution is better.)

Do you think this is possible to implement?

Regards
Per Arne Flø
Oslo, Norway
Conor
Top Dog

Re: "Album list" view in Bookpedia

Post by Conor »

iTunes fourth view works for iTunes due to the fact that most users are meant to have several rows (songs) per cover (album). In Bookpedia the vertical space the cover would use would be mostly wasted in all the other text columns. We do appreciate the feedback and will give it another look in the future to see if there something that we could do that would make it work for Bookpedia as well as it does for iTunes.
perarneflo
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Re: "Album list" view in Bookpedia

Post by perarneflo »

Thank you for you answer.

I understand that the height of the list would leave much empty space. But if it is made optional to have this view then it would be up to every user to decide. And if the width of the "Book cover column" decides the size, then the cover could be made very small. In iTunes I have many playlists with only one or two songs from an album but it is still much better to view the playlist with "Always Show Artwork" checked.

Anyway I'm glad you will look into it and look forward to the continuing development of Bookpedia. :)

Regards
Per Arne Flø
Oslo, Norway