New Collections

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
bigfella
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

New Collections

Post by bigfella »

I have a fairly large collection of dvds.Many come from Asia and other foreign countries (I'm Australian). With ,say asian movies, I would like to be able to add a photo of the actor(s) when I make a smart folder(in a collection "Actors") for say "Donnie Yen"(Zhen Zidan) , "Andy Lau" (Lau Fok Wing) as these are modern names, other actors may use their mandarin names, cantonese names even their thai names in some movies and in a movie made in say ,America they may have a more western name.Today I find I can source many movies from the 60's and 70's out of Asia but the actors don't always have western names.The ability to insert a photo or photos would be a bonus.
Nora
Site Admin

Re: New Collections

Post by Nora »

One user did this a while ago, which was quite a project, but might be interesting for you.Check it out. It's basically linking to a headshot based on the actor's name. This particular example links to headshots on the user's computer directly which you could use or create your own on your computer. You would have to create several copies of each headshot to allow for the various spellings and names for each actor. Then when you don't see a headshot in the future you know you've either run into a new variant of the name or you're missing a headshot for that particular actor.