cover art lookup - use a different term

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
renebonvanie
Contributor
Contributor

cover art lookup - use a different term

Post by renebonvanie »

When you select 'Open Google Images', I'd like to be able to select the term that gets added after the movie title. For example, instead of 'cover', I'd want 'blu ray'...
Conor
Top Dog

Re: cover art lookup - use a different term

Post by Conor »

I have gone ahead and added a secret preference in the latest beta to allow that. Download the beta version and then with the program called Terminal in /Application/Utilities/Terminal run the following command and restart DVDpedia if running:

Code: Select all

defaults write com.bruji.dvdpedia GoogleImagesExtra "+Blu-ray"
If you adapt the last word for your own preferences start with a + sign and all other spaces should also be + signs.

To remove and go back to using "cover" do the following command:

Code: Select all

defaults delete com.bruji.dvdpedia GoogleImagesExtra
UPDATE: I actually liked this so much that I will add it to the next version (5.0.2) for the program automatically, so you won't have to go through the Terminal for special settings. (The Google Images search will add the media to DVDpedia searches and platform to Gamepedia searches.)
renebonvanie
Contributor
Contributor

Post by renebonvanie »

Thanks Conor - it works like a charm and am glad I was able to suggest an improvement. Great response...as usual!
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

Thanks for that Conor - I have always found changing the word "cover" to "DVD" gave better results so have used Terminal to make it permanent.