Music Grouping - Tango

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
tangero
Inductee
Inductee

Music Grouping - Tango

Post by tangero »

Hi I cam across your app looking for one that can group music and maybe its easy to add it or creat an app that can.
When you DJ tango music you make playlists with 3 or 4 songs a Tanda seperated by a short piece of mucis a cortina. Here is the ideal app for that:
It works with your iTunes collection
you would have a frame where you can drag your 3- 4 songs and than move the frames artound in a playlist. Each fram will be stored as a Tanda. That way you can look for them later. If you search for a song it will show you the tandas with that song. If you add a second song it will show you the tanda with those 2 songs etc."
Maybe its something thats possible. I'm sure a lot of Tango DJ and possible otheres would be excited to use this.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Music Grouping - Tango

Post by Conor »

CDpedia is geared towards album cataloging. But I assume you would be able to use it to catalog tandas. You could simply assume that an album in CDpedia is a tanda and then add the four songs into the tracks list. This would allow for searching which tanda's have a certain song (via the any track name in the search filter or smart collections). Not quite ideal as you would have to copy paste the songs between the different tandas, when creating them as CDpedia is not geared towards that kind of data entry it's not simple to drag and drop as it is for a regular collection the way CDpedia is meant to be used. The demo version allows up to 25 items, so feel free to try it out with 25 tandas in this manner. You can then have covers and other information, such as played and when for a tanda by entering it, where the album information would have gone.
Jhenna
Inductee
Inductee

Re: Music Grouping - Tango

Post by Jhenna »

tangero wrote:Hi I cam across your app looking for one that can group music and maybe its easy to add it or creat an app that can.
When you DJ tango music you make playlists with 3 or 4 songs a Tanda seperated by a short piece of mucis a cortina. Here is the ideal app for that:
It works with your iTunes collection
you would have a frame where you can drag your 3- 4 songs and than move the frames artound in a playlist. Each fram will be stored as a Tanda. That way you can look for them later. If you search for a song it will show you the tandas with that song. If you add a second song it will show you the tanda with those 2 songs etc."
Maybe its something thats possible. I'm sure a lot of Tango DJ and possible otheres would be excited to use this.
i didn't know that it is possible. I'm really excited to try this.