DVDpedia: Data entries are deleted during the search process

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
Anami
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

DVDpedia: Data entries are deleted during the search process

Post by Anami »

When I'm producing a new DVD entry I mostly start with the amazon side of this country I bought the DVD. After it I want to fill out the empty fields with the datas of imdb.com or (as I am German) cinefacts.de or just manually. The problem now is, that a lot of fields I filled already out by myself will be deleted after I select the entries of imdb or some else. For example I filled out the sujet text in German. When I select now the imdb side to get the actors, the German text of the sujet field I wrote is replaced with the English text from imdb. Is there any possibility that the already filled out fields will stay without replacing??? Thanks.
Nora
Site Admin

Re: DVDpedia: Data entries are deleted during the search pro

Post by Nora »

Please try the DVDpedia beta and let me know if this is still the case.
Anami
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Anami »

Dear Nora,

Unfortunately it isn't working well as in the BetaVersion all the buttons in the movie editing window are missing on the bottom (search, navigation...). So I can't try it.

Best,
Andrea
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Can you please send me a screenshot of what the Beta looks like for you? I've run it here in German and all the buttons appear fine. You can take a screenshot by pressing Command-Shift-4 followed by the Space Bar and then mousing over the window (it'll turn blueish and your cursor will become a camera) and clicking your mouse/trackpad. The screenshot will automatically be saved to your Desktop so you can attach it to an email to us. You'll find our email on the Support page.
Anami
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Anami »

Hey Nora,

Its strange but the problem seems to be disappeared after I tried it now again. If it's popping up again I will send you the screenshot.

About the main problem: It's working now in the way I was looking for. Many thanks.

Best,
Andrea