Lock fullscreen view

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
Wondercow
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Lock fullscreen view

Post by Wondercow »

Another request I have for the pedias is the ability to lock the view to fullscreen. As it is now (in DVDpedia) when fullscreen is active hitting certain keys on the keyboard will deactivate it. In addittion, there's the "X" with the controls at the bottom of fullscreen view--easy to deactivate, difficult to re-activate (in a keyboardless home theatre setup, anyway).

Thanks again!
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Lock fullscreen view

Post by Nora »

So you'd like the X to disappear in the 'locked view' to avoid accidentally choosing it, is that correct? (Because you mentioned the theater setup being keyboard-less so hitting the q or Esc on the keyboard aren't an issue I assume.)
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

I have added a hidden preference to the latest beta version that will disable the user interface button in fullscreen for exit as well as disable all the keys to quit full screen except for ESC. Download beta 30 of DVDpedia and with the program called "Terminal" run the following command to enable:

Code: Select all

defaults write com.bruji.dvdpedia "Disable Exit Icon" -bool YES
To disable the command would end in NO

Code: Select all

defaults write com.bruji.dvdpedia "Disable Exit Icon" -bool NO
This will make it less likely to press the X for exit with the control remote when navigating.
Wondercow
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Wondercow »

Nora wrote:So you'd like the X to disappear in the 'locked view' to avoid accidentally choosing it, is that correct?
Yes.
(Because you mentioned the theater setup being keyboard-less so hitting the q or Esc on the keyboard aren't an issue I assume.)
I was going to write about how I still needed to use Esc from my Harmony remote in order to back out of the UI buttons and the various fullscreen menus (e.g. selecting the displayed collection, selecting a linked file to play) but then it hit me: you mentioned "hitting the q or Esc". So I tried going into a menu and pressing q and.... success! Thanks for putting me on the right track for that—I'll just change my remote to send a "q" :D
Conor wrote:I have added a hidden preference to the latest beta version that will disable the user interface button in fullscreen for exit as well as disable all the keys to quit full screen except for ESC.
Thank you! Between this and my new-found use of the "q" key I think it'll make it a lot easier to remain in fullscreen mode.