Default value and autofill for Collection ID

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
PanP

Default value and autofill for Collection ID

Post by PanP »

Hello,

Please, consider enabling default value and autofill setting for Collection ID in DVDPedia.

I use Collection ID to store the name of the folder (or disk) storing the movie files. Since all my ripped, and unwatched movies go to the same folder on a NAS network disk, I have to manually input the same Collection ID (i.e. the folder name) each time I import a record for a new movie. Then, after I have watched the movie and moved it to an archive, I have to input the full name of the new location (the same for most movies).
I would therefore love the option to set a default Collection ID value in Preferences, and Autofill for that field (now present for most other, but not this one)

Best regards

Piotr
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Default value and autofill for Collection ID

Post by Nora »

You can set a default Collection ID and have the program automatically apply and increment it for each newly added entry. Go into the Movie menu > Incremental Collection ID and enter your format into the field provided (eg. A1) starting with the number or letter that you want the program to start counting at, since you already have collection IDs assigned to some entries. The program will then show you how it'll increment the coming entries so you can make sure that it picked it up right.

Then check the option to 'Increment automatically for new additions' and you're all set.
PanP

Re: Default value and autofill for Collection ID

Post by PanP »

Thanks, Nora

That is one of the things I was considering. It is not ideal but I guess I have to adapt my workflow to the program philosophy if it can not be done the other way round ;-)

Regards

Piotr