Replacing records

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
Rockin' Kat
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Replacing records

Post by Rockin' Kat »

So,

I have a lot of what I consider really piss poor entries which are based off of Amazon search for SEGA Saturn games.. somewhere around 50 or so... Anyway I'm replacing them all with new ones based on Moby Games Search because it tends to have more info on the game and tends to be more accurate.

Problem is this is very tedious to do... Ultimately a search & and replace option in the contextual menu when I use second mouse button to click on a game listing would be cool ... Though I'd settle for having the Confirmation window about a pre-existing listing of the same game would move the main list of games to that record and hi-light it... and then give me the option of hitting a button labeled "replace" to make it delete the pre-existing record while saving the new one.

Conor
Top Dog

Re: Replacing records

Post by Conor »

Getting all the best data and all the details is a never ending cycle. Thank you for the feedback on the warning about there being duplicates. We never did consider adding a replace option. In the meantime drag them all to a new collection so that you can use that collection for remembering which ones to search for and also once you are done you can remove all 50 entries directly from that collection by holding down the option key to delete them from the library as well.