When updating info via Doghouse etc Star ratings disappear

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
hswt86
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

When updating info via Doghouse etc Star ratings disappear

Post by hswt86 »

I've noticed an odd behavior since the addition of the ability to add info from services such Doghouse, Amazon, Freebase etc (via the gear icon in the bottom right corner of the main page for each movie). Specifically when you add any info from one of these sources to an already created record for a movie it erases any star rating that you have selected. This is in contrast to any other already filled in data (well at least the comments field and a few others). Is there any way this can be fixed so my star ratings don't get erased? (yes I can just add them back afterwords but.....).
Conor
Top Dog

Re: When updating info via Doghouse etc Star ratings disappe

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the bug report. The new version allows for the preview of the new information and a copy is made of the basic record so that the preview can be undone, the my rating was not going into that base record. I have fixed the bug for the next version and even enhanced over the other fields, changing my rating in the middle of previewing additional information will still keep the new value set by the user. If you would like to test it out you can download the beta version: DVDpedia, Bookpedia.