Media server for DVDPedia

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
manuel
Contributor
Contributor

Media server for DVDPedia

Post by manuel »

Hi,
DVDPedia already knows were all my video files are and it has all the information about them, it is very well placed to serve them in a media server. Also, it would be nice to be able to access them from the iPhone where ever you are (from pocketPedia?).
I am about to buy Tonido or Air Play (I cannot make up my mind) but none of them can have the power that DVDPedia could have, as I already have all my media in DVDPedia.

Please think of creating this as a different program integrated with DVDPedia or as a plugin or a new version of DVDPedia. I would pay for it and I think that many people would.

M
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Media server for DVDPedia

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the feedback. I been hoping for Apple to extend their Air Play API to the Mac from iOS as to make feature easier to implement. Currently on the Mac a developer has to write their own streaming solution.
manuel
Contributor
Contributor

Post by manuel »

I am no expert, but VLC has changed the license of libVLC to LGPL and it may have the functionality that you are looking for. I think that LGPL would let an external program use the library without needing to change its license.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the tip. VLC is a great project, I'll look at the source and see what options they are.