Adding External Links to multiple entries at same time

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
FineWine
Site Admin

Adding External Links to multiple entries at same time

Post by FineWine »

Hi Team - I have a separate non-inclusive collection for my orders (DVD & Book pedia's). Now when I get email confirmation or any email correspondence concerning an order I drag that email onto that entry creating an external link to that correspondence. But when I have an order from the same supplier (e.g. Amazon) containing more than one item, I only receive one email. Therefore I need to add that one email (external link) to multiple item entries in my Collection. The pedia's seem to not to be able to do this as the External Link just bounces back. This is in any of the Views including the Edit Multiple Entry panel.

Cheers
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Adding External Links to multiple entries at same time

Post by Conor »

There is a lot of magic going on with the program that relates to the selection. The code needs a lot of cleanup to do this nicely. But I have updated the beta version to handle a drag into the edit multiple window and it will add the link to all the selected entries. Due to the magic mentioned above it needs to close the multiple edit window for this automatically, but that should not be an issue as most users would or edit some strings or use the drag feature. As usual do please test out the Bookpedia beta and DVDpedia beta.
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: Adding External Links to multiple entries at same time

Post by FineWine »

Conor wrote:There is a lot of magic going on with the program that relates to the selection.
I do know the program performs a lot of magic but it is you that is the master magician. That works a treat.

I know of NO OTHER software company that fixes bugs or listens to uses enhancement requests as quick as Bruji. The likes of Skype and Logitech Remote division could take a huge lesson from Bruji and they have tens of more programmers than Bruji.

Thanks again "Master Wizard"

Cheers