Bookpedia: Dramatis personae and Duplicate Book

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
KaiS
Contributor
Contributor

Bookpedia: Dramatis personae and Duplicate Book

Post by KaiS »

Hello,

I've been using the Pedias for quite some time now and have to say they are still my favorite collection management softwares. But there's some things that I think could improve Bookpedia, the Pedia I use most.

How about adding a "dramatis personae" tab, so you can name the characters in a book and give a short description of their role? I saw this in a competitor's product and liked the idea. I know there's a field "characters" ("Figuren" in german) in the "General"-Tab, but that is just a simple text field that does not allow for descriptions. You could even use the code from DVDPedia where you have the tab for the Cast of a movie.

Secondly I'd like to have a command to duplicate a book already contained in the database so I can modify that entry instead of creating a new entry from scratch. Most useful for books in a series with almost identical data.

Besides that I'm very satisfied with the software. Keep up the good work and kind regards,

Kai
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Bookpedia: Dramatis personae and Duplicate Book

Post by Conor »

Thank you Kai for the feedback, will keep the "dramatis personae" idea in the possible features list for the future. Thank you also for the kind words, we are very pleased to hear that you been happy with Bookpedia.

On the duplicating a book, simply select the book in question and use Copy/Paste from the Edit menu or the keyboard shortcuts "command-c" then "command-v". It will duplicate the book and simply add "(Copy)" to the title to differentiate it from the original.

Regards,
Conor
KaiS
Contributor
Contributor

Post by KaiS »

Thank you for the quick response. I hadn't realized the copy /paste commands actually worked that way. I tried to use them to create a copy of an item in GamePedia and it didn't work so I thought that functionality had not been implemented yet. Good to know I was wrong. :D
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

KaiS wrote:I hadn't realized the copy /paste commands actually worked that way.
Neither did I at first, while looking for a single, explicit Duplicate command. And now I realize Copy/Paste can behave like Duplicate (even when it exists) in other apps, too, which can be worth checking before asking for help. :)