Multiple User Permissions

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
Will White
Inductee
Inductee

Multiple User Permissions

Post by Will White »

I'd like to use this for a small school library system, but I'd like to separate out permissions for adding, editing and deleting items from the permissions for checking out items to users. That way, teachers and some parents could handle librarian duties using one or many accounts, while an administrator could handle the management of the actual library itself - adding new items, etc. Is this currently possible? Perhaps the databases could be separated into two files so that one is read only for some users?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Multiple User Permissions

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the feedback. Since there is no internal permission system to leverage the only alternative is to use the Mac OS X system permissions. You can set different permissions per user or computer to the Database.bookpd file in the data folder. But as you mention this is an all or nothing, so it turns those with read permissions into viewing and browsing copies, any changes including a checkout would need to be sent to the administrator. I've written then suggestion down for a future version.