Cover view bookcase?

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
meandmyhouse
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Cover view bookcase?

Post by meandmyhouse »

First I want to say, I am so happy you have a grid cover view. That is where I prefer to work out of. Second, I'd love to see a wood bookcase template for this.

In dreaming, I could also see a spine view, with names, as to show a whole bookcase worth at a glance, then when covers are clicked on that cover would turn for full view, and detail availability.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Cover view bookcase?

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the feedback about the use of Bookpedia. I do like the idea of a spine view, although probably very hard to get to feel right. The computer is not ideal to try to mimic the real world information layout.
Nosoforos

Post by Nosoforos »

Regarding the 'look' of your app, I have to say the coverflow feature seems a bit of a relic from the past (especially given the more minimalistic approach of new software like iOS7). For the rest, I really enjoy the straightforwardness of the app (no overdone skeuomorphism like at least one of the competitors...)
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Cover View was done on popular demand as Apple was pushing that type of view with previous OS X, but we have always preferred the straight on look. Pocketpedia for iPad reflects this and almost fits with iOS 7 with little change, although will be updating that also in the near future for iOS 7 so that all the default buttons become the iOS 7 new buttons. For the covers we do want to redesign the cover view as well as the full screen view (command-option-U). Hopefully the new animation API from iOS 7 will make their way to the Mac as it makes programming fluid views a lot easier. Thank you for the feedback and supporting the programs.