DVDpedia request: "Go To Library" button

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
blank

DVDpedia request: "Go To Library" button

Post by blank »

When I’m inside one of my numerous collections, I constantly find myself needing to return to the main LIBRARY. I would love to have a button that would take me directly to the LIBRARY.

Clicking on the collection list, scrolling to the top, selecting the LIBRARY, then clicking in the search field has become quite tedious since I realized how many times I repeat these steps each day.

A keyboard shortcut would be added benefit but I’d prefer a button if there were a choice.

I’d also ask for FORWARD and BACK buttons but as a former Foxbase/Foxpro/4D developer (whoa, I’m showing my age here) I realize this is far more complicated than it sounds. So I'd be grateful with just a HOME/LIBRARY button. Please.

P.S. Thanks again for adding the LAST SEEN HISTORY button. What a time-saver that turned out to be!
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: DVDpedia request: "Go To Library" button

Post by FineWine »

blank wrote:I’d also ask for FORWARD and BACK buttons but as a former Foxbase/Foxpro/4D developer (whoa, I’m showing my age here) I realize this is far more complicated than it sounds. So I'd be grateful with just a HOME/LIBRARY button. Please.
Do you mean a FORWARD and BACK buttons within each collection? if so then I designed an Info View Template with just that function. You can see it here on the Extras page it is called "Jungle Green". You will find the two buttons on the right of the title bar next to the rating stars. If you want to you can alter this template to suit your own tastes.

Cheers
Conor
Top Dog

Re: DVDpedia request: "Go To Library" button

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the feedback. I have updated the betas to respond to the home and command-up arrow key just like the list view does in the collection to take you to the first item. Assuming you are currently focused in the list view the following keyboard shortcut will leave you ready to search you library: command-shift-tab -> command-up arrow -> command-shift-tab.

I'll keep the addition of a specific button as consideration for the a future update.