REQ : Dropbox support across all Bruji apps

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
grooveq

REQ : Dropbox support across all Bruji apps

Post by grooveq »

Please please please please please

ie 1Password...absolutely smooth way to have all your databases in sync all the time...no need to remember wifi manual syncing
Conor
Top Dog

Re: REQ : Dropbox support across all Bruji apps

Post by Conor »

Looking at the improvements with iCloud, otherwise will go with Dropbox in Pocketpedia as well.
Nosoforos

Post by Nosoforos »

I just bought BookPedia and I love the fact that it actually finds all of my titles (and fast). However, I was sort of surprised to see no dropbox support, which seems like a given these days. I have all my databases, apps, files etc synced through Dropbox, so I would love to see this added!
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Dropbox support isn't built into the programs (yet) but you can move your database folders to Dropbox manually to keep everything synched across your computers. More info on how to move the database folders can be found in the Help.
Nosoforos

Post by Nosoforos »

Ok, thanks, that's a start - I can't seem to find the database under application support though?

- BTW, I'm having lots of fun categorizing my whole library. The cost of the app is the same as the price I paid a few days ago for books I turned out to own already (which why I thought it was time to get this app)!
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

You want the Application Support folder in the Library under Home. If you're on Lion or Mountain Lion, the ~/Library folder is hidden by default but you can use the Finder's 'Go' menu, hold down the Option key and it will appear.

Glad to hear Bookpedia is proving useful for you!
tsharvey

Post by tsharvey »

Any movement on this issue? I have used Dropbox for keeping my library in sync across multiple Macs for several years and it was worked great! I've been wanting to purchase the iOS app, but am a bit hesitant until dropbox syncing is operational there as well. I would be interested if there is continued effort to support dropbox on iOS.

Thank you!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Currently working on a number of other areas. So there is no immediate plan for Dropbox integration into Pocketpedia. Specially considering how fast and smooth we have managed to get the wireless syncing with any Mac with the Pedias on it.
tsharvey

Post by tsharvey »

Thanks for the reply. I'm sure the wireless syncing is fast. The issue with Dropbox (or other "cloud-ish" service) is making sure always Pocketpedia is up-to-date and/or being able to update Pocketpedia when not in front of my Mac.

But, I understand that you must prioritize your development roadmap.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

In the meantime while we work on the feature if you have access to PHP server and know HTML there is this project for Gamepedia. It will take your database already on Dropbox and keep an always up to date webpage with all the information.