Quick-Search

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
Rigido
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Quick-Search

Post by Rigido »

Hi Devs,
maybe this is just a nonsense but... :)
Today a friend called me and asked if I ever saw a movie, as DVDpedia was running I pressed cmd-F to add a new movie and searched for it.
After reading all the info I decided to add it in the Wishlist...but main collection was highlighted so I gave up, closed the search window, selected the Wishlist collection and searched again.
So, the question is:
Do you think it would be possible to change the "Add" button on the Search Result window to something like "Add To" with a dropdown to select the collection?

The first idea I had when I started to write this post was to have a "quick-search" window where you could show results from BOTH DVDpedia (to look if you already own the movie) and (maybe) just one selected site.
Double-clicking the entry could open the Detail windows from DVDpedia or the "Add movie" foe the site entry

Don't know if it is clear what I was thinking about :)
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Quick-Search

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the feedback. Thinking about your setup I can see adding a status symbol to the search letting a user know that you already have the movie in the collection, instead of waiting for the "add" button to be pressed to let the user know that the entry will be a duplicate. We already do this in Pocketpedia, where the add button is a "Show" button when the movie is in the users collection. Will definitely look at offering a similar indicator in the pedias in the future.

To change collection it was not necessary to close the add window, you can switch to the main window select the wish list and then move back to the add window and press the add button. You can do this via the mouse, Window menu or the "command - ~" shortcut to change the front most window.
Rigido
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Quick-Search

Post by Rigido »

Conor wrote:To change collection it was not necessary to close the add window, you can switch to the main window select the wish list and then move back to the add window and press the add button. You can do this via the mouse, Window menu or the "command - ~" shortcut to change the front most window.
I thought search window was a "modal" window, thank you for your hints!