Links URL feature

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
samu-mac
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Links URL feature

Post by samu-mac »

Hello,

i am optimizing my movies library and actually i'd love to have a criteria that could show the location of the file.

For example, when you click on "edit", then "links" you see the url of the file that redirect to an hard drive or a folder.

Would be possible to add this information in the "Fields" list? its really useful when you have all your collection on a large amount of HD and you want to display this information easier.

Thanks in advance
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Links URL feature

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the feedback.

In the meantime I recommend a smart collection to be able to group entries by link URL and this way add that information into a custom field. For example create a smart collection of "Any link URL contains [hard drive name]". Then every once in a while visit that smart collection and click on select all and edit, and update a custom field with the tag [hard drive name]. As your collection grows and the custom field has empty entries it means it would be a good time to visit the smart collection and re-update the tag, so that all movies are labeled.