[PocketPedia] Scan barcode and mark as borrowed

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
d9pouces
Captain
Captain

[PocketPedia] Scan barcode and mark as borrowed

Post by d9pouces »

1) Currently, when I want to mark a book as borrowed, I have to go to my library, then edit the right book, mark it as borrowed and select the right person.

I think that it could be nice to have a button allowing to scan the barcode of the borrowed book, then to select to person.

2) Moreover, when I scan a barcode to add a new book, I can scan the barcode, but it does nothing (I go back to the text editor to manually enter data). My PocketPedia is up-to-date, with an iPhone 4S in French under iOS 8.02.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: [PocketPedia] Scan barcode and mark as borrowed

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the feedback about automating the borrowed by feature with the barcode of the book.

I'll look into iOS 8 in French as it should obviously scan for the barcode entered instead of ignoring it. Do let me know two or three barcodes that scanned, just in case it's related to the number scanned.

Kind regards,
Conor
d9pouces
Captain
Captain

Post by d9pouces »

Hi, here are some barcodes I tried to scan:

9 782266 106993 (Sourcellerie, from Terry Pratchett),
9 782264 035516 (Azazel, from Boris Akounine),
9 782266 091343 (Trois Sœurcières, from Terry Pratchett).

All of them are correctly recognized by the iSight in Bookpedia.

What can I expect about automating the borrowed by scanning the barcode?

Happy new year to your team :-)
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the info, I haven't been able to repeat it on either iPhone 4S or the iPhone 6. But I have made some changes to the code for the next release, that although unrelated to this bug are connected to the scanning.

Scanning to borrow on the iPhone could be earlier than the Pedia version as I can already imagine how to add that interface into the iPhone by simply presenting a warning sheet when you scan a book already in your library that would contain the "borrow" or "return" along with a "search" option to continue to add a duplicate.
d9pouces
Captain
Captain

Post by d9pouces »

Thank you for your answer.

I really like your idea of interface, I cannot imagine simpler or more functional interface.