Apple TV application

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Apple TV application

Post by Conor »

Current version is stable. Sounds like the networking might be blocking AppleTV from reaching out to the Pedias to sync the data. Please do make sure that no ports are being blocked in your router or firewall installed. Restart the Mac and Pedias and then launch Pocketpedia on the AppleTV and give it a few minutes, if your library is large. I have to update the interface to have a small indication that the sync is happening for the next version.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the sync bug report. With WWDC around the corner and a new TVOS version likely to be announced, I'll likely have to make sure that everything is up to par with the new OS, so I will take a look at making sure the sync is bug free. Do disable any firewalls or security measures you have on the network level for testing if the sync is able to perform after that.
Richard
Captain
Captain

Post by Richard »

I didn't even know there was an Apple TV app till I saw this. The syncing notification will be nice. I have over 1300 entries in my movie collection and I just left it open for a while hoping it was done. It looks nice. I hope you will be adding some more options to it in the future.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Glad you found it. Wanted to roll into Pocketpedia to keep it simple and so that Pocketpedia owners would see it as a download option, but was too complicated technically. Thank you for the kind words, lots of ideas for the AppleTV, this being the first release it still the basics and also the smaller user base of the AppleTV. As you mentioned, first the more prevalent iPhone X update. Although AppleTV is one of my favorite products I hope it sees more traction with buyers, hoping it will with the 4k TV adoption rate.
Anderse
Inductee
Inductee

Post by Anderse »

Hummer wrote:
Conor wrote:Not yet at the beta stage, start by reading my first and then it's being integrated into Pocketpedia, using a lot of the work we have already done for Pocketpedia. Likely start out simple and then add features from there. No dates.
Hi Conor, I see your post was a few months ago. Just wondering how things are going for the apple tv integration.
Is the current version stable and working fine? I'm asking because I downloaded Pocketpedia TV from the Apple TV App Store and while running the programs from Mac, sync does not start. Can you suggest some troubleshooting guide as I can't wait to bring my Pedia libraries directly to my Apple TV.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

I added improvements into version 6 of the Pedia's for the sync, but are still working myself through the cycle and updating Pocketpedia TV itself to take advantage of the improvements. But it should still sync.

Sadly pulling out any kind of useful information from TVOS or iOS is quite complicated, but if you don't mind could you have a look at your console log, see if there are any messages from DVDpedia? You can access the console log via the application 'Console', located inside your Applications/Utilities. The newer messages are towards the end of the log, right after launching Pocketpedia TV, as it should be reaching out via the network to DVDpedia. Are your TV and Mac on the same network, with no virtual separation, such as a virtual network?