File Functions

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
svenfost

File Functions

Post by svenfost »

We don't want to promote illegal downloads, but one can have legit movies on a drive (Converted DVDs...).

When the movie is stored on a drive, it would be convenient to have some file related fonctions:
- Delete linked file from drive
- Move linked file to...
- Rename linked file as "[title] - [year].[ext]"
- Tag linked file

Some valuable info could also be retrieved from the movie file:
- File size
- File format
- File dates
- Video Codec
- Audio Codec
- Audio Languages
- Subtitle Languages
- Resolution
- Audio Channels
- Frame rate
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: File Functions

Post by FineWine »

MMM do not know how all this legal purchased or free internet downloads work from a storage point, say, from within iTunes movies/TV shows and Amazon movies/TV shows as I have yet to delve into this area, but if CDpedia can import music info/data from iTunes then surely same can apply to movies and TV shows into DVDpedia including the above 'OP' requested info.

Also lots of people now have separate drives for their music and movie collections as well as "Cloud" storage so an active location field link would be good.

I am sure that Apple will also increase the drive capacity of their Apple TV so that people can store their purchased entertainment on that so I suppose then that the pedia's would have to find a way to grab all that data of that device as well.

(or are Bruji developing an, as yet secret, App for the Apple TV :wink:)

Anyway legal downloads is the future and hard copies will slowly disappear like the video/DVD rental stores are now. With falling prices soon even 'bricks & mortar' retailers will not find it economical to sell hard copies.

So I am sure the "Bruji Skunk Works" is working on some serious rewrites to all their pedia's, desktop and mobile, to take into account the future of all forms of home entertainment no matter how that entertainment is delivered.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: File Functions

Post by Conor »

Can't comment without approval from the boss. :)