Electronic games icon?

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
AarbronBeast
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Electronic games icon?

Post by AarbronBeast »

Perhaps an icon can be added for electronic games as well?

Games like the Nintendo LCD Game & Watch series, or Coleco table-top mini arcade games from the 80s. And other electronic games like Merlin, Simon, Speak n Spell as well as LCD handheld games from Sega and Tiger Electronics. Even digital pets such as Tamagotchi! :D
AarbronBeast
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Electronic games icon?

Post by AarbronBeast »

Is this feature being considered?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Haven't figured out what icon to give it or if it should be several as well as what platform are you labeling these games as? If you send me an icon and the exact platform that you are labeling the games as, I can be sure to include them in the next release.

In the meantime, do keep in mind that you can customize your own icons, if you add any icons named exactly as the platform into the "Contentes/Resources/GameIcons" inside the Gamepedia bundle they will be picked up.
AarbronBeast
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by AarbronBeast »

I am currently using the following generic but very recognizable LCD game character icon:

to represent my LCD games as well as other electronic/tabletop games even if they use LED lights (Simon, Merlin, etc), LED/electronic screens (Nintendo tabletops), or no screen (such as Bop It). You can surely break them out into their own categories too.

Conor (and all Gamepedia users), feel free to use this icon or, if you prefer to design your own, I've included a couple of links with some inspirational images you can draw your own creation from. :D

https://goo.gl/NLuL4H
https://goo.gl/ezCUg3
AarbronBeast
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by AarbronBeast »

Hi Conor.

Sorry for resurrecting this old thread, but I was wondering if you'd be able to place these LCD game icons into the Gamepedia App bundle? Every once in a while I manually drag it into the bundle since it goes away after an app update.

I've revised the icon just today. It looks better than the previous version.

Here they are:

ImageImage

Thanks!