Simple Request?

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
AFG034
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Simple Request?

Post by AFG034 »

I don't know exactly the name for this but I will do my best to describe it.

In the main tab when editing a movie (showing director, series, writer, producer etc) most of the fields allow you to have multiple entries and thus it shows in the statistics. For example, when I add multiple directors, each one appears in its own bubble. Is it possible to make other fields like Studio, Duration and even custom fields appear like this?

Does this request make sense?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Simple Request?

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the feedback. It's not possible to change how the field is treated, if it's a tag field with the bubbles or a regular field. For the custom fields you will find two that are tag based and use those. To turn them on and change the name visit the DVDpedia -> Preferences -> Fields, look for the custom tag 1 and 2. These will have the bubbles. In a major update I would like to include more tag custom fields, but a better solution would be to allow for changing how each field is treated. Although more flexible, it's not easy as it does affect how the data gets treated in a number of areas, not just the edit window.
AFG034
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by AFG034 »

I know this is an old request but I was wondering if there had been any changes in new updates? It would make my organization pet peeve simpler. I just wish the custom fields were tag fields to have multiple values in them.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Still the two custom tags available. The plan is to or add more custom fields or to add an interface to set how the field should be treated. But both are not simple requests. They both require UI changes, plus the field gets used in so many locations, you have to take into account, if it should be a single field or multiples in many locations. For example as you mention the statistics, that is hard coded per field right now. It would need to be more flexible, same with a number of exports and views.