more sort options in pocketpedia wishlist

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
jeffbbz

more sort options in pocketpedia wishlist

Post by jeffbbz »

It would be great if you could have more sort options within the sort of options in the pocketpedia wishlist. For example, I mostly use my wishlist when i'm at a bookstore. Therefore I sort my wishlist by genre as that is how bookstores are organized. This works. However, within genre, the books are automatically sorted by title. Instead of this it would much much more useful to be able to sort them author within the genre (Or whatever) category I have sorted them in. As this primarily why i bought pocketpedia in the first place, this would increase my use and happiness ten thousand times. Thanks!
Conor
Top Dog

Re: more sort options in pocketpedia wishlist

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the feedback on improving Pocketpedia. In the meantime, Bookpedia does have sub-sorting that Pocketpedia will inherit. I do know one is changing the sort often in the main library. Can I suggest creating a new smart collection that is "Title is not [empty]". This is a rule that will include all your books, so it will be a duplicate of your library, then call it "Genre Sort". In Bookpedia sort by author then genre. This way this collection in Pocketpedia will always have the correct sort, and selecting in Pocketpedia, might be even simpler that resorting in Pocketpedia.
jeffbbz

Post by jeffbbz »

Hi Sorry for this late response. I can't get your workaround to work because the list I want to sort like that is the wish list? Also I can't figure out how to do this sub sort you are talking about in bookpedia. "author then genre"
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

No problem, busy summer.

1. For sub sorting, click on "genre" header title to sort. Then click on "Author" header to sort author.

2. You can do smart collection for "Book is in collection named Wish List" to duplicate the wish list for another sorting, but this might not be necessary if your not going to change the sorting in Pocketpedia.
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

As Conor stated it is best to do any fancy Sorting and Smart Collection lists within Bookpedia first, after all the desktop versions of the pedia are the MASTER CATALOGUES, this is then reflected in Pocketpedia when you next Sync to Pocketpedia.
1. For sub sorting, click on "genre" header title to sort. Then click on "Author" header to sort author.
For information on how to sort Collections have a read about this ability here: Support > Help > Overview > Working with ......pedia > On Collections > Sort a Collection
jeffbbz

Post by jeffbbz »

Thanks this works pretty well!