Autofill fields drop down arrows

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
FineWine
Site Admin

Autofill fields drop down arrows

Post by FineWine »

Where you have "Autofill" fields with drop down selection menu vertical up & down arrows (˄˅) I believe it would be more ergonomic, less cursor movement, to have those arrows on the left, at the beginning of the field, because that is where the cursor defaults to when you click into the field. So you would have the cursor default to just to the right of the arrows and then you only have to move the cursor a couple of pixels to the left to then click on the arrows to drop the selection menu down.

Example is the Search box magnify glass and its location just to the left of the default cursor location.

Cheers
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Autofill fields drop down arrows

Post by Conor »

I like the idea for some one who is placing the cursor in the field, they would need to move the mouse less.

Since the box is done by Apple I have placed a bug report/feature request that this be a native option to decide on the location of the arrows for a drop down field. Otherwise it would require reinventing the box, and then you have to keep up with the changing look of MacOS on your own custom control.
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: Autofill fields drop down arrows

Post by FineWine »

Cool - we await on our Gods & Masters then :)