Siri Integration

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
FineWine
Site Admin

Siri Integration

Post by FineWine »

How integrated is Siri with the pedia's ?

My understanding is that developers need SiriKit which enables their apps to work with Siri, so users can get things done using just their voice. This then enables developers content and services to be used in new scenarios, including access from the lock screen and hands-free use. Apps can adopt SiriKit by building an extension that communicates with Siri, even when the app isn’t running. The extension registers with specific domains and intents that it can handle. This could also be used with Apple HomePod, iWatch etc. (Note: I am not talking about Siri Shortcuts)
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Siri Integration

Post by Conor »

Since integration for third parties was announced we have been hoping to integrate it. Specially for the search, so that you can quickly ask Siri if you have a certain item, and she can find it or download the web version and offer to add it.

However Siri Kit is limited to certain apps right now. Messaging, Lists and Notes, Workouts, Payments, VoIP Calling, Visual Codes,
Photos, Ride Booking, Car Commands, CarPlay and Restaurant Reservations.

We are of course hoping they will expand this and let other types of apps use Siri, such as a search/organizing domain. Although I'll get in touch with Apple, we could shoehorn into the "List" section, but not sure they will allow it.
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: Siri Integration

Post by FineWine »

Thanks Conor for that comprehensive and informative reply.

We all look forward to further developments in this.