Don't Hide Checkbox if empty

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
njan
Captain
Captain

Don't Hide Checkbox if empty

Post by njan »

I was wondering if it might make more sense to show the custom check box when "hide empty" in the edit panel is selected.
Since one might want to toggle these on or off, while editing/organizing records, it would be useful if they showed up all the time.
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: Don't Hide Checkbox if empty

Post by FineWine »

I think that would defeat the purpose of "Hide when Empty".

You could force it to show by placing a character in the field, say, a Dash. Then change its display in Fields > Display fields for:

Remember you can change the 'Title' of any Custom Field, they are in Italic text via Preferences > Fields. Just double click on them and enter your own 'Title'. You can also change the display order of any Field by dragging them up and down. eg. I have a Custom Field called 'Last Audited' which I have placed second after 'Collection ID' which is my first entry in any View.

Conor could code an exception rule which could be placed in Preferences > Fields It would of course be a lot of coding for Conor but personally I think this is a one of those individual 'edge' cases. Don't worry I also over the years have suggested a few 'edge' cases myself.

You could of course write or adapt your own Style template to achieve this for the 'Details View' panel. I have written two (Moderator & Jungle Green) which you can find here in Bruji - Templates and learn how to create them here: Creating a Template. Not to sure about how to code for Display a particular Field 'if' that Field is empty.
njan
Captain
Captain

Post by njan »

thanks for these suggestions
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you njan for the suggestion. After thinking about it a while I now understand what you need. You want to be reminded that this value is empty and it's an attribute that exists for the item.

Thank you Fine Wine for giving suggestions around the issue and how to deal with it in the display view. The add/edit window is more strict and under my control, but I can see how that can be a useful feature task for something to always be displayed. I'll add it to the suggestion box of features to ponder and investigate.