A few Suggestions

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
FineWine
Site Admin

A few Suggestions

Post by FineWine »

1 - The ability to have two List Views Side By Side in the List Views panel so you can check one Regular Collection against another or an "Excluded Collection" against the Book Library or a Special Collection against another Regular Collection or Book Library etc. Even Smart Collections against a Regular, Special or Excluded Collection. Then with the ability to Drag & Drop entry or entries between the displayed Collections or Book Library

2 - The ability to create more "Special Collections" besides Wish List and Burrowed. eg. Antique Books (not to be sold) Perhaps these could be created within a new Tab in Preferences > Special Collections

3 - The ability to "Password/Code lock collections or even the main Book Library to prevent Editing, Burrowing etc. This would be particularly helpful in a retail situation. In other words to View Only.

I know you are busy on getting Version 6 out the door but just a few future suggestions :D
Conor
Top Dog

Re: A few Suggestions

Post by Conor »

Thank you. All feature suggestions are always welcome.

I really like the first one as a user; as a developer I am bit scarred of the complexity. SwiftUI to the rescue when I have to rewrite for Catalina. :D

Would you need the special collection "Antique Books" to do something other than change the icon on it and pin it to the top of the list?

Password protection has come up before and I can see how that would be very useful both for blocking editing and hiding data.
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: A few Suggestions

Post by FineWine »

Conor wrote: 1 - I really like the first one as a user; as a developer I am bit scarred of the complexity. SwiftUI to the rescue when I have to rewrite for Catalina. :D
1 - In this twin layout and use. I think the 'Details' view should not be invoked, just two long lists with a Library and Collection header in the appropriate colour matching the appropriate icon.
Conor wrote:2 - Would you need the special collection "Antique Books" to do something other than change the icon on it and pin it to the top of the list?

3 - Password protection has come up before and I can see how that would be very useful both for blocking editing and hiding data.
2 & 3 - I was thinking of those in a Retail situation that have 'Not For Sale' Rare Books or Autographed Books. Something that is very 'Special'
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whilst rethinking about Suggestion 1, I had another thought, (I hear a groan :roll:):

4 - That when you Add an Entry, (all pedia's), it checks the 'Wish List' and informs you that that entry is in your 'Wish List' and do you now want it removed or moved to a Collection and/or the 'Book Library' or some such action dialogue box.