Amazon search

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
pjc
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Amazon search

Post by pjc »

Conor wrote:Thank you, I'll take a look and fix it on Monday.
Any update on this? It looks like the beta hasn't been updated since the release of 5.6.1, which was early October.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

I been able to search for the UPCs and get both on the beta version, so was trying to see if there was something else I was missing.

But could be that you are not running the beta? Do give it a new download here. It should be 5.9.1 and the "CDpedia -> About Us" should say "103" in a diagonal banner.
pjc
Contributor
Contributor

Post by pjc »

I was asking about DVDpedia, for which I think the most recent version is 5.6.1, not the beta?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

DanThe was posting about some specific CDpedia barcode searches. Please do try the DVDpedia beta. If that failing to give you search results let me know the details of the search to look into it.
pjc
Contributor
Contributor

Post by pjc »

Looks like the beta (5.9.2 build 112) fixes it! (I had assumed that 5.6.1 incorporated all the beta changes, since 5.6.1's timestamp is a day newer than the beta's...)
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for trying it out. The beta and the official breached differently a while ago, as the beta uses a lot of code that is only 10.12+. But I have keep doing minor fixes to the previous version.
wkpna
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by wkpna »

Sorry if I'm not posting on the right thread, since Amazon issues are dealt with on several threads.

I have been using the Amazon Test search for quite a while now, and it was working just fine until it stopped working last week or so.

If I try searching for titles using any key word, no results. If I paste any ASIN number, I do get results back.

This happens on Amazon US and Canada, but search seems to be working as usual for all other Amazon international sites.

Running DVDPedia 5.6.1 on Mac OS 10.11.6.

P.s. Are you dropping Mac OS 10.11 support? Please don't!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the feedback. I was going to mention the beta versions, but indeed they only support 10.12. I have tried to keep backwards support as far as possible, but in order to address issues in 10.13 and 10.14 and also take advantages of the new features, the latest MacOS make it quite hard to support the previous versions. I'll see if I can port the fixes from the beta version to the older version.
wkpna
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by wkpna »

Thank you for your prompt reply, Conor.

I must say I finally caved in just yesterday (Apple is about to or has already stopped supporting Mac OS 10.11) and upgraded to Mac OS 10.13 (Mojave is a new can of worms of its own that I'm not ready to open yet).

I then tried the DVDpedia v.5.9.2 beta and Amazon search seems to be working fine again.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Glad to hear you upgraded to High Sierra. Keeping up with technology is a difficult job, just getting Xcode (Apple developer tool) to run and do what you want for the older systems is always jumping though hopes.