iSight scan on iMac Mountain Lion mirror image

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Herne
Contributor
Contributor

Re: iSight scan on iMac Mountain Lion mirror image

Post by Herne »

Hi Conor,

The window does say, "- iMac -" and it seems to be grabbing the bar code now, however it's not reading it right.

9700765367716 reads as 7594908269124
9780756407636 reads as 7593471565114
9780765365446 reads as 0564606269174

I wonder if it's reading mirror images even though the camera shows positive images?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the update. Do try a new beta that should now say "- FaceTime -" in the iSight title bar. Do please let me know how that goes. Otherwise I'll have to come up with a way for users to test all the different iSight setups with a hidden debug menu so that you can try some of the other resolution settings available on the latest iMac. Bookpedia Beta download.
Herne
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Herne »

The new Beta does say "- Facetime -" however it is not reading the bar codes at all now. The image seems to be a bit blurred to my eye.

I tried reading a couple different bar codes, both glossy and flat using different lighting conditions, and was unsuccessful in getting a reading.

I also tried the previous beta again, the one that says "- iMac -" using the same books, but it reads the bar codes incorrectly. It also seems to read the glossy bar codes differently than the flat bar codes.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the update. There seem to be something quite different about the latest iMac camera. So far I have been unsuccessful to find one of the new iMacs, but I'll ask around see if I can find a friend with one to test it out.

Could you please try out this stand alone version of the code on your computer, it will display the number in red on the bottom right of the window if it's able to scan it.
Herne
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Herne »

The stand alone version reads the barcode, but it's not reading it correctly. Also it seems to read different numbers depending on the orientation of the book, glossy covers, flat covers, and the lighting conditions.

I'm not sure if the number being read SHOULD be the ISBN, but so far none of the numbers shown in the scan match the ISBN.