search my library

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
bighillgirl

search my library

Post by bighillgirl »

I have the current version of Bookpedia with over six hundred books in the full collection. (Library is empty). In all honesty I'm not sure I know the difference between the two. When I select the full collection and all the books show and I enter something in the search box nothing comes up.
How can I search?
Help & thanks.
Nora
Site Admin

Re: search my library

Post by Nora »

Is that "full collection" a library-independent collection, i.e. marked with a grey collection icon? In that case it is not included in your main Library collection (explaining why that is empty). You can make it an included collection by selecting it and choosing 'Include collection in Library' from the File menu. After that you can delete the other collection if you like to avoid any confusion in the future.

As for the searches - do you have a filter set? Check by clicking on the little magnifying glass in the search field and if one is set, change it to something broader like 'All Fields' or 'Columns Shown', then try your search again. If you still don't get any results, let me know.
bighillgirl

Re: search my library

Post by bighillgirl »

That did it - the collection icon was indeed Grey. Thank you very much for the help!
a