Pocketpedia for ipod touch 2rd gen.?

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Anami
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Pocketpedia for ipod touch 2rd gen.?

Post by Anami »

I got an ipod touch 2nd generation (4.2.1) and I need an easy and comfortable way to check my DVD archive on the road to don't buy DVDs double. Is there a possibility to get an older version of pocketpedia for my ipod to synchronize my DVDpedia archive with it?
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Pocketpedia for ipod touch 2rd gen.?

Post by Nora »

Unfortunately we've had to remove all previous versions of Pocketpedia from the App Store because of issues with Amazon so Pocketpedia3 (which requires iOS 4.3 or higher) is the only option at this point.
Anami
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Anami »

Thanks Nora. But this sounds really bad. Do you have any advice for a DVD library app I still can use for OS 4.2.1?
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

Anami wrote:Thanks Nora. But this sounds really bad. Do you have any advice for a DVD library app I still can use for OS 4.2.1?
I know this is not want you really want, but could you not use the Export facility within DVDpedia to get your collection onto your iPod Touch:

Unfortunately the iPod Touch 2nd gen does not support Disk Mode so there is only a couple of ways to get your DVD info onto your iPod Touch. Have a look at this article from the pedia team: getting-around-without-pocketpedia then access it through iPod Touch safari using the inbuilt WiFi ability. Remember you can save a web page or site to the screen (I think you can do this on a 2nd gen Touch)

or if you are a confidant computer user look at this forum post for another method:

http://www.bruji.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4113

There is also some information in DVDpedia Help, just use the search term Export and choose Working on Collections > Export a collection.

Hope this helps