Rebuilding Cover Folder: Problem

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
cdfeerer
Contributor
Contributor

Rebuilding Cover Folder: Problem

Post by cdfeerer »

Because my cover art in DVDpedia was so inconsistent (i.e. incorrect art for a number of movies) I decided to completely rebuild it. I removed the 'Covers' folder from the application support folder then I added a cover to one of my dvds. I realized that the images were being named a number and this number correlated with the order in which I added the dvd to the database. For example - the first dvd I added would be number 1 and the 10th would be 10. I think I have figured that part out. Where I am getting confused is - I also added a cover to the very last dvd in my library (when sorted by date added) - its filename became 830. However, there are only 742 dvds in my library. Why is there a discrepancy? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Rebuilding Cover Folder: Problem

Post by Conor »

DVDpedia uses an unique internal ID that is always incrementing. Adding a movie and then deleting it will not reclaim the id and the next movie will have an even higher ID. From your description there would have been 88 movies (830 - 742) that have been created and then removed. The internal is just a reference and does not need to be sequential.