Error Synch on Pocketpedia3

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
unuomodaridere
Inductee
Inductee

Error Synch on Pocketpedia3

Post by unuomodaridere »

Hello. I can not synchronize with iPhone and iPad (OS 6.1.3). Pocketpedia 3 asks me to close and reopen the program, but then nothing happens. Always the same error. I replaced the program on the Mac, but the error persists. What should I do?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Error Synch on Pocketpedia3

Post by Conor »

This means that Pocketpedia is unable to see Pedia on the Mac due to some issue with your wireless network. The simplest solution creating a direct network on your Mac through the Airport menu (at the very top of your screen, the little quarter pie that shows the strength of your signal). Select "Create Network", name the network whatever you like and then go into the Settings app on your mobile device and connect to that same network. Then try the sync again.

Another troubleshooting option is to restart all the devices involved. Since your having trouble syncing to both devices, restart the Mac and your Router that provides the Wireless connection. It could also be settings in your router firewall that block Pocketpedia from seeing DVDpedia.

If the sync still doesn't work after trying the above methods, go into DVDpedia, hold down the Option key and from the Help menu choose 'Export for Pocketpedia'. This creates a file with all the covers and info that you can then sync via iTunes. (It's quite large as it contains all the covers regardless if Pocketpedia already has them.) Connect your mobile device to iTunes and select Pocketpedia 3 at the bottom of the 'Apps' tab in iTunes. Drag the exported file into the Pocketpedia3 Documents section in iTunes to import into Pocketpedia 3. When it has finished copying the file, run Pocketpedia to have it import the file and all the covers. This is only a one way sync so it's not ideal as changes made in Pocketpedia would be lost if you synced twice via iTunes.
jasonpocketpedia
Inductee
Inductee

Re: Error Synch on Pocketpedia3

Post by jasonpocketpedia »

I fixed it!

My problem was that my home network hub (a BT Home Hub 3 - I'm in the UK) was set up to use WPA & WPA2 as security protocols.

All I had to do was to switch the protocol to WPA only, and all was fixed!

My set up:

Apple MacBook Pro (DVDPedia)
iPhone (Pocketpedia)

This is an issue that affects any computer or device that relies on Bonjour services to connect and discover other devices. For example, I kept having problems with AirPrint, Apple TV mirroring, etc.

Hope it helps!