IMDB UK release date

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
eromalodi
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

IMDB UK release date

Post by eromalodi »

I'm using DVDpedia 4.6.8 and it has always retrieved the UK theatrical release for me, but it seems to only get the US dates now, is there anyway I can change this back?

I notice that there doesn't appear to be a uk.imdb.com anymore, and the website itself shows the US release date on the main page so you have to search for the UK release date. What a pain.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: IMDB UK release date

Post by Conor »

This was a change at IMDb. If you're not logged in they no longer localize to your area based on IP and show the default US (likely for speed reasons). However, create and account and login with Safari and make sure to set your "country or residence" in the personal details and they should again localize the information to the UK that the plugin can then retrieve.
eromalodi
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by eromalodi »

I've just upgraded DVDpedia to 5.3.2 and the same thing is happening, I've checked and I am logged into IMDB with UK set as country of residence. Is there anything I can do to make it pick up the UK release date, it's a real faff to manually check the UK release date on IMDB and change on every entry.

Another thing, any entry that doesn't already have a picture is picking up a random picture from somewhere else in the library and assigning it to the new entry. Any thoughts on how I can prevent this?

Thanks.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Small change needed to catch up with IMDb, it's now in the DVDpedia beta 62 and will be part of the next release.

For the random picture, please hold down the option key and click on the main help menu. A number of hidden debug commands will appear select the "Verify Database" and follow it with the "Remove Orphaned Covers". Do please use these commands after making sure you have a backup of your data folder in ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia, be it Time Machine or other backup method. Although nothing should happen these debug commands do not go through testing as they are only used by us at Bruji. If there still random images for new entries without images do let me know.
eromalodi
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by eromalodi »

The beta did work thanks, but my current version (5.4.0) is doing the same thing, only picking up the US release date.