DVDpedia Dulicating Items When Switch To Mountain Lion

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
misternorris
Inductee
Inductee

DVDpedia Dulicating Items When Switch To Mountain Lion

Post by misternorris »

Hi all, thanks in advance for the help.

I have been using DVDpedia 5.1.2 for a while now in a Macbook running Snow Leopard for lending out my DVD collection and like it a lot. However, recently I got a Macbook Pro running Mountain Lion and updated DVDpedia to 5.1.5 which I have found a problems that is frustrating. Previously if I lent out a DVD, it would add a red person icon next to the DVD in the Library and also be added to my borrow list. Then when it was returned, it would then be removed from the borrow list and the red person icon would be removed next to the library item. Once I did the upgrade and switch, it changed the system. If a DVD is borrow, it keeps it in my library and adds it to my borrowed list. When it's returned, it stays in the borrowed list and it seems to duplicated the entry in my library. It seems to be a database problem, but I'm not sure how to fix it.

I did a quick test by creating a new database and it works fine, but I don't really want to create a new database manually by scanning in all of the DVD's again. Does anyone have any advice?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: DVDpedia Dulicating Items When Switch To Mountain Lion

Post by Conor »

Try toggling the "included" status of the borrowed collection. Select the "Borrowed" collection and then under the main menu run "File -> Include Collection in Library", then run it again to "File -> Exclude Collection in Library" so that the entries in the borrowed collection are not shown in your library.

If that does not fix the issue, please do send us the database file zipped up in an email and we will test it out.