Problems searching Library of Congress in Bookpedia

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
jdonato
Contributor
Contributor

Problems searching Library of Congress in Bookpedia

Post by jdonato »

Hi
I have been trying out your programs (considering buying a bundle). In Bookpedia, I can't find anything using Library of Congress. I've tried ISBNs, LCCs, title, author's last name, scanning code of book. These searches have been tried with "Limit" set to the corresponding value (for example, "Author" when searching last name), or by setting limit to "None". Always get no results ("There are no matches..."). Am I doing something wrong?
MacOS 10.8.4,
8GB RAM,
200+GB available hard drive space
Bookpedia 5.1.6

Example of search: The complete HyperCard Handbook by Danny Goodman, ISBN- 0553343912 (Bantam Books 1987).
I've tried the terms "goodman", "hypercard", "0553343912".

Thanks
Luis
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Problems searching Library of Congress in Bookpedia

Post by Conor »

The Library of Congress SRU endpoint, that provides information automated for applications seems to be down at the moment. Hopefully, it will be back up in a day or two. You should be able to follow this link and get a response. Here are some other samples directly from their page that are not currently working. I'll monitor it and have also written to the LOC asking about the down time.
jdonato
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jdonato »

Conor wrote:The Library of Congress SRU endpoint, that provides information automated for applications seems to be down at the moment. Hopefully, it will be back up in a day or two. You should be able to follow this link and get a response. Here are some other samples directly from their page that are not currently working. I'll monitor it and have also written to the LOC asking about the down time.
Thanks a lot!!
jdonato
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jdonato »

It seems to be working now (as of 4:13pm EST). Thanks for the links.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

I got a quick reply from their support as well that it was working as usual as of this morning. Both the title and ISBN search I can confirm are working. Sorry about the down time with the LOC.