Cant delete list of ADD MULTIPLE + how import title list

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
miamikel
Inductee
Inductee

Cant delete list of ADD MULTIPLE + how import title list

Post by miamikel »

Hi

I need help. I have copied a list of more then 700 film titles in the MOVIES --> ADD MULIPLE
Now I have realized that I need to delete the entries but its not possible for some kind of reason.
So I have tried to restart the program and thought maybe thats helping but no way ;(

I have >700 film titles in a txt file and would like to import only the titles.
I have done that with an older version but can't remember how I have done that.

Any ideas are mostly appreciated ;-)

Thanks in advance

Mia Mikel
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Cant delete list of ADD MULTIPLE + how import title list

Post by Conor »

Hi Mia,

To delete the imported titles first select your Library collection and display the date added column. To do this click on the main menu "View -> Columns -> Date Added". Find the Date Added column in the list view and click on the column header. This will sort the movies by the date they were added. Scroll until you find the first movie added that you want to delete, click to select it. Scroll to the bottom and click on the last movie while holding down the shift key, this will select all the movies in between you can then press the delete button and confirm that you want to remove the movies in the warning box.

In the future you can use the "Edit -> Undo" button before restarting the program if you want to remove recently added movies in a batch.

The add multiple searches for the title and adds information directly from the internet for that title that was entered. If you simply want to enter all the movies with just the title to fill the details later use the import function. Create a text file with all each title on a new line, the first line of the file should be the word "Title". Then in DVDpedia click the main menu "File -> Import". In the open dialog select the above file and a import window will come up, it should map title to title automatically for you. Hit okay and it will import all the movies with just the title.

Imports by default go into an excluded collection, to include the movies in your LIbrary, use "File -> Include Collection in Library"; you can then remove the imported collection that will be named after the file name.

If you would like to add more information to an imported title, you can double click it and select the gear button on the bottom right of the edit window and select a search site to add information from the internet.