Cannot Update to new version 5.1.7

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
acpedia
Inductee
Inductee

Cannot Update to new version 5.1.7

Post by acpedia »

I received an update notice from the App Store for DVDpedia (to update to 5.1.7); it stopped during the update and an error message said for to try the update through the purchaser page? I am reluctant to do this, I have entered over 500 movies and do not want to jeopardize my existing file. I am on OSX version 10.8.5, i5 intel with 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3. Please advise how I am to proceed with the update? Thank you.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Cannot Update to new version 5.1.7

Post by Conor »

If you purchased the program from the App Store you should be able to update it from the App Store. Do try again later. Your data is kept separate from the program, so you can even remove DVDpedia and then visit the "Purchased" tab of the App Store and re-download a brand new copy of DVDpedia.

Your data folder is in your home library folder under ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia. TimemMachine, Superduper! and other backup method will be backing up your 500 movies, but you can also make a copy of this folder to an external hard drive for extra precaution.

If Apple is having issues with their servers and your unable to download the update you can always get a copy directly from our server of DVDpedia. But then your pulling out of the App Store system and the updates will be automatic within DVDpedia instead of the App Store.