cinefacts.de is not working anymore

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Anami
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

cinefacts.de is not working anymore

Post by Anami »

I'm using quite often the German website cinefacts.de to get all the bonus- (feature-) information of my German DVDs, as it is very exhausting to write it by myself into DVDpedia. Unfortunately it's not working anymore. An easy title like "Die Vögel" by Hitchcock will not be found. Instead of I got strange titles DVDpedia is proposing (even without the specific year). How long it will take you to fix this problem? . Thanks.
Anami
Conor
Top Dog

Re: cinefacts.de is not working anymore

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the bug report. I have updated cinefacts in the beta version to add a bit of missing information. Seems they are currently upgrading some of their infrastructure. However concerning the search with diacritics, it's an actual issue with their search server not being able to handle the umlaut. As you will see from the link the results are the same that you would see in DVDpedia. Their auto suggestion does handle the umlaut well, but sadly not the actual search. We have let them know and as soon as they have that updated that issue the search should be able to automatically handle the umlauts.