issues with discogs lookups in cdpedia

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
breese78
Contributor
Contributor

issues with discogs lookups in cdpedia

Post by breese78 »

I'm having a couple problems adding items from discogs in cdpedia. The first issue is that it isn't pulling up the album art in the search results and also doesn't add the artwork if you add it to your library. I've checked multiple items and it happens for everything. It doesn't seem to be happening for other search sites but I use discogs pretty much exclusively.

The other issue is that when navigating the search results from discogs, cdpedia will often freeze up and beachball. If I wait around 30 seconds it will eventually stop and show the details of the item I clicked on, but as soon as I click on another result, it happens again. Once again, it doesn't seem to happen for any other search sites.

Any idea what is going on?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: issues with discogs lookups in cdpedia

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the details. On the cover image I think I fixed the issue, please try out the beta version.

For the freeze it actually sounds like an issue with the DiscoGS server being slow on that day. I got to work on making the loading of the details not be tied to the interface so that there is no freeze when slow sites don't respond. Do let me know if you are still seeing the freeze in DiscoGS with the beta so that I can try to repeat it again and ferret out any bugs.
breese78
Contributor
Contributor

Re: issues with discogs lookups in cdpedia

Post by breese78 »

That was quick! Artwork is working fine now, and so far it hasn't frozen when clicking through search results. Thanks for your help!