having trouble setting up DVDPedia with Amazon

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
trackofalljades
Inductee
Inductee

having trouble setting up DVDPedia with Amazon

Post by trackofalljades »

I believe I've followed the directions to the letter, and I've logged into Amazon and can see all my credentials, but when I provide them to DVDPedia I receive the following error:
Your AccessKey Id is not registered for Product Advertising API. Please use the AccessKey Id obtained after registering at https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp ... gn-in.html
Not sure what to do about this? This is my only obstacle to purchasing DVDPedia and switching over happily from Delicious Library, would really love to get it working! :?:
Conor
Top Dog

Re: having trouble setting up DVDPedia with Amazon

Post by Conor »

Follow this link to visit the necessary page to link your Access Key with your Product Advertising Associate.

After login at the above link with your account do follow the links to your credentials as well as your associate page to simply double check that you have the same associate-ID as listed on the page. The link are "Manage Your Account" -> "Access Credentials" and make sure it's the same access key as the one you created recently.

Hope your able to get the last bit done, otherwise let me know and I can provide more help.
AFG034
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by AFG034 »

Can someone explain what benefits there are for linking my dvdpedia with Amazon?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Amazon has a broad database for searches. Where it becomes really useful is if sell and buy a lot at Amazon and hence want to track the exact item as described at Amazon. The ASIN, Amazon Store Identification Number also becomes important as it lets you list items for sale or find the exact item on the store.
AFG034
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by AFG034 »

That's actually a really great idea. Does it cost money? Thanks for the help!

I actually just tried to sign up but I keep getting an error for an Associate ID but I don't know where to get that.

Edit: I figured it out, thanks!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Glad you figured it out. For other reading the Amazon Product Web Service is free.