Question regarding box sets for DVDpedia

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
AFG034
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Question regarding box sets for DVDpedia

Post by AFG034 »

I noticed at the bottom of my DVDpedia, it has a movie total, borrowed total, wanted total and disc total. I can assume that when you add a box set to DVDpedia, it has a disc count which contributes to the disc total, but does it contribute to the movie total?

Here's a perfect example. Friday the 13th: From Crystal Lake to Manhattan has 8 movies on 5 discs.

Does this DVD contribute to both the movie total and disc total?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Question regarding box sets for DVDpedia

Post by Conor »

The total discs does take into account the number of discs, so it does increment by more than one per movie. The movie total is the total number of entries, so a box set will count as only one. If the movie total is more important then the disc total, you could update the disc count for box sets to reflect the number of movies instead of the number of discs.
AFG034
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by AFG034 »

Where would I do that change?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

The disc field is a regular field like any other. You would select the box set and press the edit button and then find the disc field and change the value to be the number of movies for the box set.

The total at the bottom will still say "discs" but you would know that it actually means the total number of movies instead.