Pocketpedia doesn’t sync anymore

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
mklengel

Pocketpedia doesn’t sync anymore

Post by mklengel »

Hello,

the combo DVDpedia and Pocketpedia (iPad) worked for a long time but today it stopped.
Starting a sync on Pocketpedia with a running DVDpedia on my Mac gives me a dialog box
with (in german) shows "Synchronisieren... Sammlungen anfordern." The dialog box stays
forever. Starting the sync without running DVDpedia shows "Pedia nicht gefunden" so I can
assume Pocketpedia "sees" DVDpedia.

What can I do to solve the problem?

Here is the technical stuff:

OS X 10.9.5
Mac Pro (MacPro 4,1)
Bruji DVDpedia 5.3.1
Pocketpedia (up to date according to the AppStore)

Thanks in advance!

Regards
Michael
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Pocketpedia doesn’t sync anymore

Post by Conor »

Hi Michael,

Try restarting the Mac and then trying the sync. I would say restarting DVDpedia is all you need, but to be on the safe side restart the entire Mac. You can do the same for the iPad if that fails. Should take care of any issues. Two users have a similar issue after upgrading to iOS 8, but the restart took care of the problem.

If that does not solve it please try a dedicated network to discard any issues on the network. To create the network use your Mac's Airport menu. Select "Create Network..." and follow the steps for information and password if you desire. Then from the iPad connect to this new network and try out the sync. If this works it means there something in the router that is blocking the connection. Likely restarting your router would do the trick.

Kind regards,
Conor
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

P.S. The error in the console with the Librarian.framework is a Mavericks warning and should have no consequence.
demiadirac
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by demiadirac »

Conor wrote:Try restarting the Mac and then trying the sync. I would say restarting DVDpedia is all you need, but to be on the safe side restart the entire Mac. You can do the same for the iPad if that fails. Should take care of any issues. Two users have a similar issue after upgrading to iOS 8, but the restart took care of the problem.
Can you tell us some more details about the problem, please? I had the same kind of trouble, and I had to restart the Mac and the iPad, although I had done quite a lot of restarts anyway because of iOS8 Wlan trouble. Will I have to restart the iPad anytime I want to sync DVDpedia? Or is there some kind of information we can forward to Apple for bug research?
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

It's definitely an iOS 8 issue and limited to only some iPad hardware as only a handful of users have experienced it. So far it remains unfixed in iOS 8.0.2. There used to be an issue with Bluetooth connections breaking the sync back in iOS 3, but it's doubtful that it's something similar as it's iPhone's that tend to have the bluetooth connection on more often and those are not being affected.

I am collecting console logs from the iPad when the error occurs, so if it happens again do please email me the console log. You can gather the console log from the iPad with the iPhone Configuration Utility; here is a small walk through from another iOS developer.