Bookpedia not saving

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.

Bookpedia not saving

Postby fourthords » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:00 pm

I added four books to my Bookpedia library. I synced with Pockedpedia with no problem. I closed Bookpedia. When I reopened Bookpedia, the four books I added weren't there. This has happened twice. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

- fourthords
fourthords
Junior Member
Junior Member
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:58 pm

Re: Bookpedia not saving

Postby Conor » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:05 pm

There should have been an error window when Bookpedia is unable to save, as it does automatically after each addition. If it happens again do please take a look at your console log and let me know if there any errors there from Bookpedia. You can access the console log via the application 'Console', located inside your Applications/Utilities. The newer messages are towards the end of the log. Also any details that might be unusual, are the books being entered into the main library or an excluded collection? Are they still there after the sync with Pocketpedia?

Do try running "repair permission" on your hard drive from the Disk Utility application in /Applications/Utilities. This will make sure that all the permissions are correct for the data folder. This is just a precaution, as permissions that stopped the save from happening would have been reported as an error in Bookpedia, as mentioned above.
User avatar
Conor
Top Dog
 
Posts: 5272
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:58 pm

Re: Bookpedia not saving

Postby fourthords » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:09 pm

There was no error when adding books.

I added a book, closed Bookpedia, reopened Bookpedia, and the book wasn't there. There're no errors from Bookpedia in the Console, but there are two WindowServer notes related to Bookpedia:

    10/5/14 19:45:48.228 WindowServer[110]: disable_update_timeout: UI updates were forcibly disabled by application "Bookpedia" for over 1.00 seconds. Server has re-enabled them.
    10/5/14 19:45:49.420 WindowServer[110]: common_reenable_update: UI updates were finally reenabled by application "Bookpedia" after 2.19 seconds (server forcibly re-enabled them after 1.00 seconds)

Turns out this fixed it: I moved out all the database files from the Bookpedia storage location (library/application support/bookpedia) to the trash. Then I opened Bookpedia to a blank, empty database. Then I closed Bookpedia and moved my database files back in, overwriting the empty ones. After that, it's saving just like I expect it to.

Testing one last time… yep, there they are.

Thanks for looking into this for me! I hope my solution might help others down the road.

- fourthords
fourthords
Junior Member
Junior Member
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:58 pm


Return to Support