Bookpedia overwrote my Pocketpedia

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
jesspryde

Bookpedia overwrote my Pocketpedia

Post by jesspryde »

I've done some looking through the forum and can't find a problem exactly like mine, so I can't tell if someone has already mentioned how to solve it.

When I first got pocketpedia, I accidentally hit the button in the scan screen that sent the records to my laptop instead of keeping them on my phone, so I had eight books on Bookpedia.

Once I figured it out, I pressed the button again and continued to scan on my phone, so that I had a LOT of books recorded in Pocketpedia. When I finally decided to sync, I had the issue with it being unable to find a pedia, but I restarted it and it was fine. But when I went back into Pocketpedia, the only thing in my collection was that eight that I'd originally sent to Bookpedia.

I guess my question is, is there a chance of getting those records back, or do I just have to start from scratch?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Bookpedia overwrote my Pocketpedia

Post by Conor »

Sounds like the scanner was acting in recording mode (you were scanning barcodes quickly and it would not show a search result after each scan) then the records should be there waiting to be delivered to Bookpedia. To trigger sending all the barcodes to Bookpedia for searching you have to visit the scan video window again and there should be a number next to the little Mac/WiFi icon (bottom right) indicating the number of scans that are stored. If you tap that icon it will make create a connection with Bookpedia and send all the stored barcodes to Bookpedia for searching and entering into your library.
jesspryde

Post by jesspryde »

Hi Conor,

Can you explain more clearly what the number would look like? After I realized I was sending records to my computer instead of keeping them on Pocketpedia, I pressed the button again (so that it was blue) and retained the records on my phone. Now they are gone and have been replaced by the original eight I first sent to my laptop.

Thanks!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

If you turned off the connection then it should not have been keeping the records but actually adding the books directly to Pocketpedia. I believe you ran into a rare bug in the new iOS 8 that only happens on certain iPhones, where the scanning is then ignored instead off actually adding the book. I do apologize, I haven't been able to replicate it, but I am working on a Pocketpedia update (pretty much changing code at random) in the hopes of working around the Apple iOS bug, since I don't have the device or settings to replicate it. Do give me a couple of days and I can get you in the beta testing if you would like to find out if it's been fixed.
jesspryde

Post by jesspryde »

Thanks.