HTML Export: Reduce theatrical to year only?

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Black Smurf
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

HTML Export: Reduce theatrical to year only?

Post by Black Smurf »

Hi,

I have the following problem: In the default FancyIndex export, the detailed view of a movie shows
"Title (DVD Release Year) Country"
in the header.
I want to change this to
"Title (Theatrical Release Year) Country".
So I changed the middle entry form [key:year] to [key:theatrical], but this results in the display line
"Title (Thearical Release Year-Month-Day) Country"
which is not what I want.
What puzzles me is that e.g. in the dfProHtml-v2 export, the same key results only in the year being displayed and I cannot see the difference to my use. Or is it because the FancyIndex uses JavaScript? Also, in the DVDpedia (5.3.1) preferences the theatrical release format is set to "yyyy" and in the program itself only the year is displayed.
How can I get rid of the month and day information?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: HTML Export: Reduce theatrical to year only?

Post by Conor »

The [key:year] tag will pick up the theatrical year first. It will only fall back on the release year if there is no theatrical.

If you want to avoid the fall back to know what movies have no theatrical date you can place the [key:year] display in an if statement.

Code: Select all

<!--[key:theatrical]--> <!--IFTheatrical [key:year] ENDTheatrical-->
You can also keep the theatrical tag you have and set the date format to only year for the dates in the template with the meta date-format settings tag. (This is actually what is happening, the fancy index is overriding your default settings from your preferences as the template has a setting of YYYY-MM-dd.) Look for the date-format meta tag at the top of the template and remove it or change it to be only year.

Code: Select all

<meta name="date-format" content="YYYY" />
Black Smurf
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: HTML Export: Reduce theatrical to year only?

Post by Black Smurf »

Ah, that's the way it works - thank you very much! :D