Where do you put the data base files in Yosemite?

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
LenCars

Where do you put the data base files in Yosemite?

Post by LenCars »

When doing my last update a program I have to trash files no longer needed accidentally trashed ALL of my DVDPedia files! I've lost my whole database.

Well, not really - I have my Time Machine backups which I tried to restore but the app is never able to find the database. I don';t think it's bak in the location where it belongs.

I've tried to manually put it in the /libary.application folder and the /library.applicartionsupport folder with no luck. I'm wondering if the problem is because the library folder is hidden and I can't select to import that file?

My database is still intact on my iPhone and I have been adding to it but don't know if there is a way to restore the app on my iMac from the phone.

Is there a way for me to fix this or do I need to rescan my 300+ movie collection?

Thanks.
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Where do you put the data base files in Yosemite?

Post by Nora »

Because the ~/Library/ folder is hidden by default by the OS, it doesn't show up in your Time Machine but it IS there. Here's how you get it to show:

Open Finder and open the Go menu -> Go To Folder and type in ~/Library
When it opens, click and drag the Library folder icon in the Finder to your Favorites in the Sidebar
Now enter Time Machine and you will see the Library folder for any backup date you have

The database file for DVDpedia is located in your Home folder ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/Database.dvdpd
LenCars

Re: Where do you put the data base files in Yosemite?

Post by LenCars »

Thanks - with your advice I've recovered all of my lost files. What a relief!

Thanks again for your help and all the work you do on these apps.

LC