after update: two libraries, collections deleted

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
olivers
Inductee
Inductee

after update: two libraries, collections deleted

Post by olivers »

dear madam or sir,

mac air latest, os yosemite.
after updating to the latest version of book+dvd pedia, both pieces of software show 2 libraries each and my collections are deleted. in each software one library is empty (colored icon) the other seems to be my original library (grey icon).
i tried to sync with bookpedia 2 on the iphone 5 to bring back order.
as a result it left everything the same on the mac and destroyed the library on the iphone.
thats rather unpleasant!
a hint on how one could get back to work with the pedias would be most welcome.
thank you in advance!
Conor
Top Dog

Re: after update: two libraries, collections deleted

Post by Conor »

Sounds like you need to select the second Library (the one with the grey icon) and use the menu command "File -> Include Collection in Library".

But just to be safe do make sure you have a backup of your data folder first. You will find the database in your data folder located in your home folder at ~/Library/Application Support/Bookpedia/Database.bookpd. Under Yosemite you must use the Finder menu "Go -> Go To..." command and enter "~/Library/Application Support/Bookpedia" to open the folder. Once there select the Database.bookpd and use the "Compress" command under the main "File" menu. This will create a .zip version as backup. Also should you have any trouble with the above attach this zip version to an email message and we can take a look.

Repeat for DVDpedia.