Problems moving dvdpedia

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
thohei
Contributor
Contributor

Problems moving dvdpedia

Post by thohei »

I'm trying to move all my dvdpedia informations to a new computer.
You describe a method that involves a file called database.dvdpd. No such file exists on my computer. The only files I been able to identify as being dvdpedia-files are located in library/caches/metadata. In there there are two folders CoreData and DVDpedia. I have moved them both to the new computer but of course dvdpedia does not find the databasefile since there is no such file.
Please advise how to move the library correctly. I am on Mac - Yosemite.
Thomas
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Problems moving dvdpedia

Post by Conor »

The files you found are the Spotlight cache files and are just for Spotlight. Do delete them from your new computer as DVDpedia will recreate them when needed.

The data folder your looking for is located in the same "Library" folder you are currently in, but inside the "Application Support" folder. Inside this folder you will find many of your installed apps listed, look for "DVDpedia". This is the folder you want to copy to the new computer. To double check look inside the folder and it should contain the Database.dvdpd file mentioned in the other posts. But move the entire folder as the images are part of the folder and are not contained inside the database file.

Regards,
Conor
thohei
Contributor
Contributor

Post by thohei »

Thank you for the answer.
On the computer where Dvdpedia is now, there is no DVDpedia folder in the application support folder.
I have tried to search for the specific database file, Database.Dvdpd but nothing comes up.
I'm running OS X 10.7.5 on the machine I'm moving Dvdpedia from, maybe the names and/or locations of the files are different on that operating system?
Regards,
Thomas
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Hi Thomas.

It is possible for a user to change the data folder location for DVDpedia from the default. To check the location run DVDpedia on the old computer and open the menu command "DVDpedia -> Preferences" at the bottom of the "General" tab there will be a information to the path of where the data folder is located. The older version 4 of DVDpedia the database file was called "Database.pediadata", but the problem is that Apple removed the Library folder from being searchable by Spotlight so in general a search never shows up the data folder.
thohei
Contributor
Contributor

Post by thohei »

GOT IT, thanks!
I had made my library folder visible only it was a root/library-folder instead of a user/library-folder.
Thanks for great support.
Thomas